and I have no creativity. None. It has all been sucked out of me by looking for jobs. Looking for jobs is exhausting, and I tried to take a nap between that and this but the Duke wouldn't share the blankets. So I will play on the internet some more. And do this meme. Which I think I did last year, too. BECAUSE AUNT BECKY TOLD ME TO HERE
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
I graduated from grad school, which I think is a pretty big fuckin' deal.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Doubtful. I don't even remember if I made one, so how would I know if I kept it? I think I will resolve to stop making resolutions that I won't keep, because that's just depressing.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Um, no. And that's good, I like people to keep their distance from me while they are having babies. Far away like at a hospital with trained professionals where I won't be told to get hot water or clean towels or have to cut any cords.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not exactly, but three people I knew died of cancer, which is TOTAL bullshit.
5. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A big kid job, where they pay me and then I can afford to pay my bills and fix my car and buy groceries. You know, the finer things in life.
6. What countries did you visit?
The United States. And the land of no internet. And the Upper Peninsula. Trust me, it's another country.
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
What? Probably my graduation date, because I will have to look it up a lot. But I don't know it right now.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
See #1. Also I worked out a lot more than I expected. So there's that.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I am pretty sure I have some laundry at the bottom of the basket that I just never washed, because I always run out of quarters and then I had to prioritize, you know? Maybe that can be my resolution for next year, to do ALL the laundry.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I stubbed my toe. A lot. Then one time I had a bit of an ingrown toenail and I stubbed THAT toe, which made me cry.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Coffee mug warmer. My office at my internship was FREEZING, but my coffee was always toasty! Also parts for my car, so that it still runs. And food, I really like food.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
... I worked with stressed out teenagers and children whose lives basically sucked. The fact that they showed up to school and gave it their best effort was, to me, a daily miracle. My students always blew me away.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Politicians. Shitty parents. Bullies.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, dude. I spent the first part of the year a broke intern, and the second part basically unemployed.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Shoes. Sparkly pink heels, y'all. They are **FABULOUS** Also the Hobbit trailer.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Katy Perry - ET.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Def sadder. Being underemployed blows.
ii. thinner or fatter? Well, I got fatter and then I got thinner, but I think compared to last year at this time, about the same. But let's just go with thinner, because it makes me feel good.
iii. richer or poorer? I am not ashamed to say I know the meaning of the word BROKE on a whole new level.
*here is where Aunt Becky took some liberties, and imma play along:
Okay, Meme, let me take a stab at that:
i) more or less like Justin Beaver - more. I whine more now than I did before.
ii) more or less likely to decide inanimate objects looked like boobs - more, because obviously. Also penises.
iii) more or less likely to watch Glee – I still freakin' hate that show.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Naps. I could have totally taken more naps. ANd walks on the beach. And sunsets. And yoga.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Facebook. What a waste of time. And cleaning.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I got to spend it at home, in my jammies. Basically I'm just glad it's over.
21. There was no #21. I don’t know why there was no 21.
In my world, that is like free parking, or the middle BINGO square. I don't have to answer any questions. Thanks, meme!
22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Um, sure. I fell in love with my career. Does it still count as a career if I don't actually have a job? Imma say yes, because it makes me feel better.
23. How many one-night stands?
None, unless you count that dream about LL Cool J (dude, I don't know. Yes, I know it's not 1989).
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Covert Affairs. I love me some Auggie. Oh! And Necessary Roughness.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
All the Republican candidates running for the nomination. Seriously y'all, I'm scared out of my wits.
26. What was the best book you read?
BEST book... Probably Water for Elephants. Or Abundance. Both very, very entertaining. But I read a lot of books I forgot about, so that's hardly fair.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Being that I am not in the "biz" and merely a consumer of music, I don't discover anything but merely benefit from other's discoveries, like Columbus. I did find out about lp, and bon iver. Pistol Annies was formed, and that makes me happy.
28. What did you want and get?
My Masters Degree. And my crackberry. I do love that little thing...
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Harry Potter. Because I am 13.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 29, and I stayed the fuck home. And it was amazing.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A job. (I'm noticing a pattern here.)
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
I could not get that Target back-to-school song about denim out of my head.
34. What kept you sane?
Washing dishes. Totally mindless and never-ending.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ryan Reynolds. He is just lovely. And the Allstate Mayhem dude.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Well let's not get TOO serious, here.
37. Who did you miss?
Well now this is just getting depressing!
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Little old woman in my Bible study. I realize how weird that sounds, but she says some funny shit.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"Did I shave my legs for this?"