Sunday, December 5, 2010

Why I am mad at facebook.

Facebook won't let me operate under my obviously real name, The Duchess. Sneaky bastards, it's not like it's even a real person, it's their "automated response" that says my name isn't real. Clearly, they have no clue. So, for now, I will not be on facebook. Not because I don't want to, because I LOVE facebook. I think it's amazing! I wish I'd thought of it. But I didn't, and now I really can't live without it. Honestly, part of me really wants to learn to live without it so I can be all, "I'm not on facebook," and other people can be all, "WHAT?!" , cause I think that'd be cool. Kinda like the reaction I give people when they tell me they don't drink caffeine. The very same look people give me when I tell them I don't like pineapple (unless it's on pizza) or that I hate celery so much I will pick it out of my soup (actually I read ingredients and if the soup contains celery I won't buy it) or that I don't like marshmallows (they feel gross in my mouth). You know, that face.

But I am still mad about the facebook thing, because I know it could be a great way to meet more of you! and everyone knows I could use more friends. Unfortunately, I'll have to stick with Twitster and Me blog. And you'll all just have to DEAL.

2 comments:

Craig said...

If you look around in your facebook account I think that you can create a "page" that you can use to do what you want. It renders separately to your personal facebook presence. They might be called fan pages. The Bloggess has one, that she doesn't use, and she also has her personal page under Jenny Lawson. At any rate you can call the fan page whatever you want. Hope that helps.

The Duchess said...

Craig,
Thanks for the feedback! I actually tried this, and facebook REALLY would not let me do what I wanted to do. It may be the whole "my-obviously-real-name-is-a-legit-title-i-dont-technically-hold" thing. I will try again someday. Someday when I feel like swearing a lot. Which is every day. So maybe tomorrow.