And I don't want her to go all Eye of the MothaFuckin' Tiger on my ass. Also because you all still don't know me very well. But I am hoping that in 2011 we can become BFFF. (Best Friends For-Freakin'-ever: See Pineapple Express)
Note: I usually sit on posts for a day or two but not this time. FEEL THE LOVE.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Um... Twitter. And this blog. It's been fun so far. :)
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I resolved not to make any resolutions. WIN. This year I AM making resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Again, define "close." I will say that my mom's husband Doug died of leukemia earlier this year. Their relationship was this really amazing force in my life, in so many profound and sad ways. I wish I had gotten to know him better. I will write about it, someday. I promise.
5. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
My MA, my School Counseling license, my LLPC, maybe even a house and a dog.
6. What countries did you visit?
Sometimes I visit The Land of No Internets.
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
There are actually two: My mom's wedding day (May 17), and the day Doug died (July 29).
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Quitting my job as a waitress/bartender. Best thing I have ever done for myself.
9. What was your biggest failure?
My apartment is always/still messy.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I got the flu. I got hit with a line drive playing Church softball, and I still have the bruise (probably bad?)
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Umm... Oh! My iPod! :D
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My mom's: Mostly her grace and strength.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Passive-aggressive douches on facebook, politicians who seek to polarize and divide, self-righteous religious assholes who judge and alienate others.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent. School. Gas.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Me and the Duke started planning a wedding. Don't you get excited, though, no one in my Regular Life knows yet. It's like this great big secret that I CAN'T TELL ANYONE because he wants to get the ring and do the proposal and all AND I CAN'T TELL ANYONE.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Probably Firework by Katy Perry. It just makes me feel so damn good!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
A little of both, I think.
ii. thinner or fatter?
Definitely fatter. But, on the plus side, my boobs are bigger. I hope when I go all healthy in 2011 that my boobs don't go away, because that would make me (and The Duke!) sad.
iii. richer or poorer?
Poorer in money. Richer in joy and love.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Working out. Cleaning.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Umm... Christmas is over. Stay with me, Meme.
21. There was no #21. I don’t know why there was no 21. - Aunt Becky
I don't know why either. I won't make up my own question like she did, though, I'll think of it like Free Parking in Monopoly. A question where I don't really have to answer a question. Thanks, Meme!
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Um... Like I said, Meme, stay with me.
23. How many one-night stands?
I plead the 5th. (read: 0)
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Parenthood. That show is awesome. And Jerseylicious. I feel better about myself when I watch that show. Also Clean House, because it motivates me to clean my own house.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't really hate anyone, but there are lots of people who annoy me. I try to stay the hell away from them.
26. What was the best book you read?
I read too many to pick a favorite. But I really liked Touching the Holy by Robert J. Wicks.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Well I learned about Mumford & Sons, and Florence & the Machine, and Hem. But I learned about all of them from Pandora.
28. What did you want and get?
A different job.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Despicable Me. It might be the only new 'film' I saw.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I got ditched by my so-called friends. And I turned 28.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Um... I was more worried about having clothes still fit than my "personal fashion concept." The idea of having a "personal fashion concept" just sounds pretentious.
34. What kept you sane?
The Duke. He is amazing.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
What kinds of questions are these?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I try not to talk politics on my blog, meme. Why are you fucking with me?
37. Who did you miss?
I am trying to keep things positive here, and if I answer this question my efforts will totally be for naught. I do not answer this question.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
A girl named Katie. She is the shit. Also, all of you! I love that you allow me to speak my mind and be myself, and that you aren't judging me. Maybe you are. But you allow it anyway! I love it.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
Sometimes there are people in our lives that we just need to cut loose, because all they do is bring us down. I think I did a pretty good job of that this year.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I will use the same song I closed my Christmas letter with: Seasons of Love, from Rent. It's paraphrased a little bit, forgive me.
525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear.
525,600 minutes, how do you measure, measure a year?
In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee,
in inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife.
In 525,600 minutes how do you measure a year in the life?
525,600 minutes, 525,000 journeys to plan.
525,600 minutes, how do you measure the life of a woman or a man?
In truths that she learned, or in times that he cried.
In bridges he burned, or the way that she died.
It's time now to sing out, tho' the story never ends,
let’s celebrate, remember a year in the life of friends!
Remember the love! Seasons of love!
Oh you got to got to remember the love!
You know that love is a gift from up above
share love, give love, spread love, measure your life in LOVE.